What can you do to promote your podcast? We have done some research with our clients and fellow podcasters, and put together 13 different buckets of ideas on how to do it.
The best tip – Don’t get overwhelmed by marketing tips. Every tip you read has worked for that particular person. Do what’s comfortable, do what you will do consistently.
Let’s dig into how to collaborate.
1) “Brand partnerships” with an organization or brand product that has a similar audience. Cross-promote by mentioning them in your podcast, and ask them to spotlight you in their newsletter.
2) Don’t try to recreate the wheel or build an audience from scratch. Podcasters already have audiences, so tap into them by having them on your show to collaborate. Encourage them to share the episode with their audience! This is an immediate way to get in front of thousands of new people, without spending a dollar in ads!
3) Network with other Podcasts. Partnering with other Podcasts is valuable. Don’t look at everyone as competition. You have an opportunity to capture their audience and vice versa.
With an estimated 2 million podcasts (2021), stats are showing only 300k to 600k podcasts publish on a regular basis. There is enough space for everyone!
4) Show your fandom. Amplify the shows you love and that favor will be returned.
5) Start a traditional street team. Arm your super fans with stickers and flyers, digital postcards, podcast business cards, and audiograms, to help spread the word.
6) Partner with established businesses to collaborate. Have them link to your podcast. This is a win-win. You get access to their clientele while you provide them with valuable content to share with their audience.
Connect with me if you would like to talk more about this. My calendar is available on my Circle270Media Podcast Consultants business website at circle270media.com
Subscribe to my free daily Open The Mic Newsletter. It’s chock full of podcast news you may have missed. As well as social media, sales, and audio production tips, and insights on how to grow your business podcast.
Recorded in conjunction with Channel 511, in the Brewery District, downtown Columbus, OH.
Brett Johnson is the owner and lead consultant at Circle270Media Podcast Consultants. With over 35+ years of experience in Marketing, Content Creation, Audio Production/Recording and Broadcasting, the podcast consultants at Circle270Media strategically bring these strengths together for their business Podcast clients.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to talk more about your new or established business podcast.