Day 31 of my 31 Day Podcast Challenge
Over the last 30 days of my 31 day challenge to produce and publish a podcast every day, I really started thinking about the term “challenge.” And it’s various meanings…
1 : an objection to something as not being true, genuine, correct, or proper or to a person (as a juror) as not being correct, qualified, or approved.
2 : a call or dare for someone to compete in a contest or sport.
3 : a difficult task or problem.
What are some of your challenges with podcasting? I took a look at some podcasting Facebook groups to get a look at what their challenges are for the next 30 days…
- Wind things down, go on a bit of a hiatus and maybe start doing work for others.
- To slow down to 1 episode a month and really log some serious hours fishing.
- To record more podcasts.
- We have some big guests coming on and very excited about it.
- Increase following
- At the end of the month I hit my 15 year podcasting anniversary.
- 2000 DL
- Gain more listeners and get me interviews lined up
- Increase FB Group to 300 Members! Start an E-mail list giving away free value. Grow listens from 100 to 300
- Figure out the tech to do interview podcast from my home studio
- To start my Season 2. I’ve been on hiatus
- Buy the rode podcaster, collaborate with more podcasters, find ways to feedback and engagement with our listeners
- Starting my 3rd season this month and my goals are to improve my audio editing skills.
- Interview a guest we’ve been dying to have!
- Content planning and outlines for the next 10 episodes
- Master Audacity
- New gear
- Get a new website and hosting setup so I can split my feed into the two shows it’s become
- To hit 50 reviews
- To be a guest on more podcasts
What are your challenges in the next 30 days – are you challenging yourself, or is the challenge to start or to grow your business podcast.
Let’s talk more about it.
I am available Thursday and Fridays. Here is a link you can use to book a free consultation session.
Recorded in Studio C at Channel 511, in the Brewery District, downtown Columbus, OH.
Brett Johnson is the owner and lead consultant at Circle270Media Podcast Consultants. With over 35+ years of experience in Marketing, Content Creation, Audio Production/Recording and Broadcasting, the podcast consultants at Circle270Media strategically bring these strengths together for their business Podcast clients.
Subscribe to my free daily Open The Mic Newsletter at www.circle270media.com. It’s chock full of podcast news you may have missed, as well as social media, sales, and audio production tips, and insights on how to grow your business podcast.
If your business is using podcasting as a marketing or branding tool, I would love to showcase your podcast. Go to www.notetofutureme.com and scroll down to my booking calendar.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to talk more about your new or established business podcast.
Me – Brett Johnson
LinkedIn – bretthjohnson
FB – circle270media
Twitter – circle270media