We as podcasters, on the whole, underutilize LinkedIn as a marketing and connection tool. A majority of our time is spent on the other big three – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
So what are we missing by not using LinkedIn?
Why are we NOT living on LinkedIn like we do these other social media platforms? Could it be we just don’t know about some best practices and new features?
So what better way to learn how to use this business professional media platform than to talk to one of the preeminent LinkedIn experts.
Debra Mathias is the owner of Connect To Clients, based in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina area. Since 2011 she’s been assisting entrepreneurs, small business and Fortune 500 companies to use her proven method of Networking with LinkedIn
She is a LinkedIn Business Coach. Career Transition Expert. LinkedIn Sales Strategist, Relationship Builder, LinkedInLocal Host, and a Connection Specialist using Networking with LinkedIn and Career Transitioning with LinkedIn.
So what are some best LinkedIn practices we need to know about?
Deb’s top 3 include:
1. Check your dashboard daily for leads.
2. Post creative content 1 or 2 times per week. We can expound on creative content and what it takes to get people to “view your content”, tagging, hashtags etc.
3. Like, comment, and share your network’s content. It gets you in front of their audience and vice versa.
How about new features?
Deb’s top 3 include:
1. Cover Story. Create a video to replace your photo on LinkedIn.
2. Provided Services on your profile: Add up to 5 services that your business does.
3. Creator Mode. This is for influencers or anyone wanting to get their name and content out there. It will flip your activity, Featured and About Sections so that people see your content first. It will also show how many followers you have instead of connections.
Keep up with what’s new on LinkedIn by following Deb. And connect with her as well. When you connect, tell her you heard her on the Note To Future Me podcast, and mention your favorite ice cream flavor (she’ll understand!).
Connect with me if you would like to talk more about this. My calendar is available on my Circle270Media Podcast Consultants business website at circle270media.com
Subscribe to my free daily Open The Mic And Speak. It’s chock full of podcast news you may have missed, as well as social media, sales, and audio production tips, and insights on how to grow your business podcast.
Recorded in conjunction with Channel 511, in the Brewery District, downtown Columbus, OH.
Brett Johnson is the owner and lead consultant at Circle270Media Podcast Consultants. With over 35+ years of experience in Marketing, Content Creation, Audio Production/Recording and Broadcasting, the podcast consultants at Circle270Media strategically bring these strengths together for their business Podcast clients.
Email us at email@example.com to set up time to talk more about your new or established business podcast.