There are hundreds of little details to think about when pitching yourself as a podcast guest. But for now, focus on these basic elements:
1) Listen to a few episodes of a podcast before pitching yourself as a podcast guest. If a podcast isn’t a good match for what you do, don’t pitch it. If a podcast doesn’t have guests, don’t pitch it.
2) Check for a “guest submission” process before pitching. If there is one, follow it to the letter.
David Hooper from The Big Podcast – 3 Rules for Podcast Guests (and Those Who Book Them) and his recent round and round with a potential podcast guest and her personal booking person
3) Focus your podcast guest pitch on a specific solution for their audience. What can you do for this audience?
4) Be detailed in your pitch. Mention specific episodes and elements of the podcast. Sincerely talk about what you like about the podcast.
5) Be patient. Give the host enough time to follow up with you. Their timetable is not your timetable. And recognize they may be in a different time zone than you.
If you’re looking for more tailored help, then be sure to connect with our dedicated team of podcast professionals. We’ll help your business create a podcast from planning and launching to editing, presentation skills, promotion, and monetization.
Interested in speaking with one of our professionals? Click here! We’ve put together a questionnaire to quickly fill out. This will help us help you prior to our first information meeting, which you can schedule when you complete the questionnaire. The link is in the podcast show notes.
Let’s talk about what podcasting can do for your business in the next 12-months. Whether you’re B2C or B2B, we can create a content marketing strategy that will work for you.
Connect with me if you would like to talk more about this. My calendar is available on my Circle270Media Podcast Consultants business website at circle270media.com
Subscribe to my free daily Open The Mic Newsletter. It’s chock full of podcast news you may have missed, as well as social media, sales, and audio production tips, and insights on how to grow your business podcast.
Recorded in conjunction with Channel 511, in the Brewery District, downtown Columbus, OH.
Brett Johnson is the owner and lead consultant at Circle270Media Podcast Consultants. With over 35+ years of experience in Marketing, Content Creation, Audio Production/Recording and Broadcasting, the podcast consultants at Circle270Media strategically bring these strengths together for their business Podcast clients.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to talk more about your new or established business podcast.